18 and over
January Jam Start is the first roller derby clinic hosted and produced by Knight Strong.
JJS is a gender inclusive 18+ all levels camp, with a strong emphasis on off skates training. This two day camp will have a morning and afternoon session each day; one skating session and one off-skates strength & conditioning session.
On Skates will be led by Loren Mutch of Rose City Rollers/USA Roller Derby covering Jammer and Offensive strategies and Roxy Dallas of Gotham Girls Roller Derby/USA Roller Derby covering Defensive strategies.
Off Skates will be led by Laci Knight and Kate Engard and will focus on the following:
- Proper Technique in the Squat, Deadlift, and Press
- Introduction and Refining of Clean Technique
- Agility and Plyometric drills specific to Roller Derby
- Core and Rotational Strength
- Aerobic & Anareobic Capacity Training
- Single Leg Strength, Balance, and Power
Event has ended.