Northbay All Stars
17 Broadway Blvd.
Fairfax, CA, 94930
This event is 21 and over
Northbay All Stars
The North Bay All-Stars is a jazz sextet that has been rehearsing regularly for several years now. With performances at the No Name Bar in Sausalito, the Weds. Night Market in Santa Rosa, private events, etc.
Individually, our credentials are quite extensive.
- Barry Finnerty has recorded a half-dozen CDs under his own name, as well as having played and recorded with Miles Davis (ìThe Man with the Hornî), and recorded and toured with the Brecker Bros., the Crusaders, Hubert Laws, etc. Barry is also the author of two acclaimed jazz method books, ìThe Serious Jazz Practice Bookî and ìThe Serious Jazz Book II.î
- Randy Vincent has performed and recorded with Joe Henderson, Dizzy Gillespie, Bobby Hutcherson, Jim Rothermel, Mel Martin, Benny Barth, Mel Graves, Bennett Friedman, Larry Baskett, Peter Welker, Chris Amberger, George Marsh, Smith Dobson, Bill Watrous, and many others. He too, is the author of four highly-acclaimed jazz guitar method books, published by Sher Music Co. and has taught guitar at SSU for many years now.
- Chuck Sher toured with the great jazz vocalist Jon Hendricks for a year and a half and played for many years with tenor saxophone legend Vince Wallace and more recently, the One World Band and the North Bay All-Stars. He is the founder of Sher Music Co., perhaps the worldís foremost jazz publishing house, based right here in Sonoma Co.
- Doug Morton is a seasoned and highly proficient jazz performer and, in addition, has been the principle trumpet player for the Santa Rosa Symphony since 1992. He has been principal trumpet in the Santa Rosa Symphony since 1992. Morton has performed with such diverse groups as the Jazz Composerís Orchestra, Mental Floss, the Clubfoot Orchestra, SF Mime Troupe, Beach Blanket Babylon, and the Bohemian Club Jinks Band. Morton also composes and arranges. His works have been commissioned and performed by the California Shakespeare Festival, ACT, SF Chamber Singers, Napa Valley Chorale and the Santa Rosa Chamber Players.
- Bob Afifi taught both jazz ensembles and flute at Sonoma State for several years and has played and recorded with numerous bands in the North Bay including the Ricardo Peixoto Quartet, Mel Graves and Randy Vincent. In addition, he runs the websites of a fair number of musicians based in Sonoma Co.
- Marc Carmi Smith studied drums at North Texas State and Berklee College of Music and privately with David Garibaldi, Tony Williams and Jack DeJohnette. Marc performs with the Miles Ahead Group, guitarist Tom Finch, Suspects of Soul, the Starduster Orchestra, Extra
Ordinary Astronauts and the North Bay All Stars.
Collectively, we revel in the expressive capabilities of all kinds of jazz music including bebop, Latin jazz and our totally unique original compositions. We have a ball playing together and look forward to sharing that exuberance and beauty with you.