Johnny Brenda's Presents
1201 N. Frankford Ave
Philadelphia, PA, 19125
Doors 8:00 PM / Show 9:00 PM
This event is 21 and over
**TWO SETS AT 10PM AND 11PM**
Muscle Tough is Philadelphia’s premier Futuristic Funk Fusion trio. Formed in 2014 at TIME, the band has developed a sound that is a heavily improvised blend of modal jazz, funk, and psychedelia. Drawing from a widely diverse set of influences and a common love of sonic texture, their unique use of sound design and group-minded improvisation allows them to create eclectic original compositions, as well as stretch classic pop hits to new depths. In 2016 they released their first EP, “Greasin’ Up The Mediocrity Wheel”, and shared noteworthy live collaborations with members of Phish, Medeski Martin & Wood and Dopapod. The band is close to finishing their first full length effort, “Magical Achievements”.
MINKA is a dance band. They live, breathe, and procreate in Philadelphia.
They will play your roof or basement, warehouse or venue.
They will play the bottom of your swimming pool.
Dick Rubin, leader of the band, has been known to perform fully nude.
Hedonism – the pursuit of earthly pleasures – lies at the very core of what MINKA is about.
At a MINKA event, followers abandon social convention and allow their true selves to emerge.
The band’s music highlights the following ethos:
- Resist conforming to the routine society wants you to follow. Forge a new path.
- Tap into your primal nature. Return to the source of true human satisfaction.
- Embrace paranoia about the technological systems that regulate modern existence.
- Express yourself without reservation – verbally, artistically, sexually.
- Join the community. MINKA is a welcoming tribe.
All shows are 21+ Proper I.D. required for admission