PARKING, DJ Notion
2015 East Riverside Drive
Austin, TX, 78741
Doors 8:00 PM / Show 9:00 PM (event ends at 1:00 AM)
Current lineup for this show is...RZA, Raekwon, Method Man, GZA, Ghostface Killah, Masta Killa, U-God, and Inspectah Deck.
Emerging in 1993, the Staten Island, NY-based Wu-Tang Clan proved to be the most revolutionary rap group of the mid-'90s - and only partially because of their music. Turning the standard concept of a hip-hop crew inside out, the Wu-Tang Clan were assembled as a loose congregation of nine MCs, almost as a support group. Instead of releasing one album after another, the Clan was designed to overtake the record industry in as profitable a fashion as possible - the idea was to establish the Wu-Tang as a force with their debut album and then spin off into as many side projects as possible. In the process, the members would all become individual stars. Surprisingly, the plan worked. All of the various Wu-Tang solo projects elaborated on the theme the group laid out on their 1993 debut, the spare, menacing Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers). Taking their group name from an powerful, mythical kung fu sword wielded by an invincible congregation of warriors, the crew is a loose collective of nine MCs. All nine members work under a number of pseudonyms, but they are best known as RZA , GZA/Genius, Ol' Dirty Bastard, Method Man , Raekwon the Chef , Ghostface Killah , U-God, Inspectah Deck, and Masta Killa. The vision of the Wu-Tang Clan is undoubtedly due to the musical skills of RZA. Under his direction, the group - through its own efforts and the solo projects, all of which he produced or co-produced - created a hazy, surreal, and menacing soundscape out of hardcore beats, eerie piano riffs, and minimal samples. Over these surrealistic backing tracks, the MCs rapped hard, updating the old-school attack with vicious violence, martial arts imagery, and a welcome warped humor. By 1995, the sound was one of the most instantly recognizable in hip-hop. The first Wu-Tang Clan single, the hard-hitting Protect Ya Neck, appeared on their own independent label and became an underground hit. Soon, the record labels were offering them lucrative contracts. The group held out until they landed a deal that would allow each member to record solo albums for whatever label they chose - in essence, each rapper was a free agent. Loud/RCA agreed to the deal, and the band's debut album, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), appeared in November of 1993. Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) was both critically acclaimed and commercially successful. C.R.E.A.M., released in early 1994, was the single that put them over the top and won them a devoted following.
Created in September of 2009, Parking is an electro hip hop group based out of Austin, Texas. Ibrahim provides the vocals, Nicky provides the music.
Who is Notion? He is a dj, graphic artist & promoter
to name a few of his skills. But those are just titles & classifying
Notion with 1 title or category is just not possible.
Over the years, he has had the opportunity to do design
work & share the stage with many of HipHop's greats including:
• Wu-Tang Clans: Method Man, RZA, Ghostface, Raekwon, Inspektah Deck,
Masta Killa, U-God & affiliates Cappadonna, Killah Priest & Street Life
• Rakim • De La Soul • Black Sheep • Slick Rick • Talib Kweli • Akil of Jurassic 5
• The Coup • Lyrics Born • Devin The Dude & The Coughee Brothers
• Hieroglyphics: Del The Funky Homosapien, Souls of Mischief, Pep Love & Casual
• Boot Camp Clik's: Black Moon, Heltak Skeltah, Smif N Wessun, O.G.C., DJ Mister Nash
• People Under The Stairs • Sach of The Nonce • Time Machine • 2Mex of The Visionaries
• Living Legends: Murs, The Grouch, Bicasso, Luckyiam & Sunspot Jonz
• Project Blowed's: Abstract Rude, DJ Drez, Zulu Butterfly, C.V.E. & more
• DJ Vadim • Yarah Bravo • One Be Lo • Kool Keith • Mr. Lif • Akrobatik
• Weightless Recording's: Blueprint, Greenhouse Effect, illogic & DJ Raregroove
• Fatlip (ex-Pharcyde) • Planet Asia & Rasco of Cali Agents • DJ A-Trak & The Rub
• Stonesthrow's: Oh No, Roc & DJ Romes • Count Bass D • Insight • Shapeshifters
• Jedi Mind Tricks • Jern Eye • Tableek of Maspyke • Icon The Mic King & countless others.
He is also the co-founder of the austin based, musicNmind.
Responsible for the organization of countless independent concerts
& tours across texas featuring the best of national & regional artists.
- Sorry, there are currently no upcoming events.