HOLLYWOOD FOREVER IS PROUD TO PRESENT
Lana Del Rey
6000 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA, 90038
This event is all ages
Lana Del Rey
Lana Del Rey is old-school Hollywood glamor meets splice-friendly YouTube culture with a fair share of coquettish attitude and smoke-parlor Stevie Nicks vocals thrown in. She became a blog concern this spring after her visual for creaking, strung-out Best New Track "Video Games" caught eyes and ears. The clip, created by Del Rey herself, shows its star pouting into her webcam as found footage of skateboarders, drunk starlets, and American flags flicker by. The juxtaposition of its seemingly-put-together singer and its DIY aesthetic proved intriguing.
Lana Del Rey is also Lizzy Grant, a 24 year old who grew up singing in several different school choirs in Lake Placid, New York, about five hours north of the city. She released an album on iTunes in January 2010 produced by vet David Kahne, known for his work with Paul McCartney, the Strokes, and Regina Spektor, among many others. The LP, dubbed Lana Del Rey, has since been deleted. "I would like people focused on my new music for now," wrote Del Rey in an email-- understandable since that record's dusty Americana only hints at the promise of "Video Games". And while she's previously admitted that "managers and lawyers" helped her choose the "Lana Del Rey" moniker, she's not a character or a studio creation. On the topic of Lizzy vs. Lana, she wrote, "There's not a real me and another me. Same person, just a different name."
"Video Games" and its B-side "Blue Jeans" will be released as a single October 9 digitally and a day later on limited edition 7" via Stranger. Meanwhile, Del Rey is currently working on another full-length, which is due out early next year. We recently emailed her a few questions and she answered some of them, writing about her musical beginnings, the perfection of Elvis, and why "sleeping with the boss doesn't get you anywhere at all these days.
GATES OPEN 6PM
• 4 tickets per person / per household / per credit card purchase limit - NO EXCEPTIONS
• Any customers violating this policy will have their orders refunded automatically without notice
• Tickets are Print At Home ONLY: no hard tickets shipped
• The purchaser of the order must enter the venue with one of the tickets they purchased
• IDS will be checked at the door
• THESE TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE & NOT FOR RESALE
• RESOLD TICKETS WILL NOT BE HONORED
• You are welcome to bring: blankets, pillows, food and drinks
• You may NOT bring: tents, hard coolers, chairs of any kind, dogs/pets, promotional materials, laser pointers or bad attitudes
• Bicycles, motorcycles & ADA park onsite for free
• There will be no overnight camping for this show
• No one is permitted to line up before 5:00pm day of show
** This show is outdoors and is RAIN OR SHINE **
- Sorry, there are currently no upcoming events.