AEG Live and The Plaza 'LIVE' Present
Here Come the Mummie
425 North Bumby Ave
Orlando, FL, 32803
Doors 7:00 PM / Show 8:00 PM
Watch & Listen
Here Come the Mummie
Here Come the Mummies is an eight-piece funk-rock band of 5000 year-old Egyptian Mummies with a one-track mind. Their "Terrifying Funk from Beyond the Grave" is sure to get you into them (and possibly vice versa).
A bit of background:
It’s been a long and dusty road since 1922 when, at a dig in the desert south of Tunis, Professor Nigel Quentin Fontanelle Dumblucke IV (1895-) unearthed the ruins of an ancient discotheque to find a dozen undead Egyptian mummies inexplicably throwing down what he dubbed, “Terrifying Funk From Beyond the Grave.”
From these hovering souls, who called themselves Here Come The Mummies, Dumblucke learned of the powerful curse that doomed them to wander the earth, seeking the ultimate riff, the one that may allow their spirits to rest after eons of, as they put it, “banging out solid fly grooves, y’all.” But their story was murky at best...
What is clear is that these saucy specters resurfaced around the turn of the Millennium. Since their discovery (and without so much as a hot bath) Here Come The Mummies has opened for P-Funk, Al Green, and Cheap Trick; rocked Super Bowl Village 2012; become a regular on The Bob and Tom Show; been invited to play Summer Camp Music Fest 2015/16, Common Ground 2015, Voodoo Fest 2015, Musikfest 2016, Summerfest, and Riverbend 2016; and sold tickets by the thousands across large swaths of North America. Maybe that’s why the ladies (and some dudes) can’t stop losing their minds over these mayhem-inducing mavens of mirth.
Some say they were cursed after deflowering a great Pharaoh’s daughter. Others claim they are reincarnated Grammy-Winning studio musicians. Regardless, HCTM’s mysterious personas, cunning song-craft, and unrelenting live show will bend your brain, and melt your face. Get ready, for Here Come The Mummies.
• HCTM “‘KILLED’ it... Not only did they pack their stage - they were the hit of the night when they jumped on stage with moe. in front of 20,000.” - Jay Goldberg, Summer Camp Music Festival - May 24, 2015
• “Here Come The Mummies are one bad-ass band, a hybrid of Idris Muhammad, George Clinton, Ohio Players, and Earth, Wind & Fire.” -Blurt Magazine
• “A band unlike any other.” -examiner.com
• “That’s the most fun I've had in 20 years.” -Bob Kevoian, The Bob & Tom Show
• “Cock wobbling brilliant.” -Joe Elliott of Def Leppard
(Plus Service Charges)
Plaza LIVE Orlando
Mon, July 24
Mon, August 7
Mon, August 21
Tue, August 22
Thu, August 24