622 Degraw st.
Brooklyn, NY, 11217
Doors 7:30 PM / Show 8:00 PM
This event is 21 and over
PUNDERDOME® is the wild & crazy monthly pun competition hosted by Fred and Jo Firestone, a self-proclaimed “Rodney Dangerfield impersonator” and his comedian daughter (alleged).
The first 18 individuals/duos to sign-up at the door will have a chance to participate in competitive spontaneous pun-making. Pun-masters are determined by the “human clap-o-meter” who “accurately and scientifically” assesses levels of audience applause.
Great big kitchen appliance mystery prizes are awarded to the top two competitors. Warning for the faint of heart: the ’Dome is a spectator sport – decide to attend at your own risk!
Admission is $7 at the door and $6 in advance.
Doors open @ 7:30; competition starts around 8:00.
· “The lowly pun has long been considered the bottom-feeding bristle worm of the comedy world…. That has changed with the arrival of Punderdome 3000, a now monthly event that has turned punning into a high-functioning competition that is equal parts stand-up, beat poetry” - The New York Post
· “But for the contestants in a monthly pun competition at Littlefield, a performance space and bar in Brooklyn, forming puns is a spigot they can’t turn off.” - The New York Times
· “Can you imagine a more potent cure for the weekday blues? Here was concentrated, unabashed silliness that I longed to bottle and smuggle out in my purse.” - The New Yorker
· “hilarious cult-favorite pun competition” - The New York Times
· “The 5 Best Things To Do In NYC Tonight” - CBS New York
Sun, September 21
Mon, September 22
Tue, September 23
Thu, September 25
Fri, September 26
Sat, September 27
Mon, September 29
Tue, September 30
Sat, October 4
Sun, October 5