AEG Live and The Plaza 'LIVE' Present
425 North Bumby Ave
Orlando, FL, 32803
Doors 7:00 PM / Show 8:00 PM
Watch & Listen
• Tommy Emmanuel is CMA’s Global Country Artist of the Year for 2011
The Global Artist Award, presented to Tommy by country star Keith Urban during CMA’s Global Artist Party at the Billboard Country Music Summit in June, recognizes outstanding achievement by an artist who has furthered country music’s popularity and brought it attention in a foreign territory.
• Tommy will perform on the Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Telethon on September 4, 2011
• In August, 2011 Tommy launched Tommy Emmanuel Web 3.0.
Tommy Emmanuel Web 3.0 is a platform designed to facilitate an immersive experience for the artist’s legions of fans worldwide and creates a comprehensive online destination for all things Emmanuel by interconnecting three distinct sites: TommyEmmanuel.com, offering the latest news, artist/tour information, photos, fan forums, discussions groups, mailing list registration, and links to shop; CertifiedGuitarPlayer.com, home to the official Tommy Emmanuel storefront for music (including the 3-CD anthology THE ESSENTIAL TOMMY EMMANUEL, released only in Australia), DVDs, merchandise, instruction books, and gear; and TommyEmmanuel.TV, featuring exclusive live performances, interactive lessons, on-the-road footage and more.
• Tommy Emmanuel’s latest solo studio double album LITTLE BY LITTLE was released February 15, 2011. It presents 24 songs showcasing his brilliant and distinctive “finger style” playing, and features collaborations with guest players including Rick Price, Anthony Snape, Victor Wooten, Doyle Dykes, Dr. John Knowles (CGP), and Pam Rose. The Knoxville News Sentinel’s Wayne Bledsoe raved, “Emmanuel's playing, compositions and covers are all gorgeous…he never fails to deliver…For those who aren't familiar with Emmanuel, he is one of the world's most astounding guitarists to ever perform on a stage. In live performance, he is a marvel of speed, inventiveness and showmanship.”
• On the album’s release day, Emmanuel and many of LITTLE BY LITTLE’s guest artists performed a sold-out concert in San Diego, CA. The show was filmed in HD for PBS Television, and TOMMY EMMANUEL AND FRIENDS: LIVE FROM THE BALBOA THEATRE has been airing on PBS stations in the U.S. since June.
• Tommy Emmanuel was featured on the cover of July 2011’s Acoustic Guitar Magazine.
• In 2010, Emmanuel was bestowed his country’s highest civilian honor, the Queen’s Member of the Order of Australia Award at a ceremony in Washington, DC.
• More recent Awards/Accolades:
2005 Thumbpicker of the Year Award and was inducted into the National Thumbpickers’ Hall of Fame
2008 Best Acoustic Guitarist – Guitar Player Magazine’s Readers’ Choice Awards
Gold Medalist – Acoustic Guitar Magazine’s Players’ Choice Awards
2009 Guitar Legend Award – Guitar Player Magazine’s most prestigious honor
Thumbpicker of the Year Award for the second time
2010 Best Acoustic Guitarist – Guitar Player Magazine’s Readers’ Choice Awards
• Tommy’s next offering will be a Christmas album entitled All I Want For Christmas, which will be released in early November 2011 world-wide. It will feature time honored favorites and two original tunes.
A child prodigy, Emmanuel began playing guitar at age four, and by age six was a part of his family’s professional band. Long one of Australia’s most respected and best-loved musicians, his award-winning career now spans five decades and multiple genres including jazz, rock, blues, and country. He is known for his distinctive “finger style” playing, using all ten fingers—a technique he was inspired to try after hearing his hero, the legendary Chet Atkins, play in the early 1960s. Atkins became a mentor to Emmanuel after they met in the ’80s. In 1996, they jointly recorded the album The Day The Finger Pickers Took Over The World, for which Emmanuel received his first of two GRAMMY nominations (and which was Atkins’ last album). In 1999, at the 15th Annual Chet Atkins Appreciation Society Convention, Atkins presented Emmanuel with a coveted “Certified Guitar Player Award,” an honor the Nashville icon bestowed on only 4 other guitarists before his death in 2001.
"...run, do not walk, to a Tommy Emmanuel concert near you. True happiness is in tragically short supply right now, all over the world, but you will definitely find it there."
- Richard McFalls, Cactus Cafe Show Review (Austin, TX)
Plaza LIVE Orlando
Tue, January 13
Fri, January 16
Sat, January 17
Mon, January 19
Tue, January 20
Thu, January 22
Fri, January 23
Sat, January 24
Wed, January 28
Thu, January 29