Wendy Woo Band, Danny Masters Band
1578 South Broadway
Denver, CO, 80210
Doors 7:00 PM
This event is 21 and over
Watch & Listen
Colorado's Funk Sensation. Pronounced "Funk-If-I-Know". The band is THE most requested group in the region. The 13 Piece Funk Sensation has been Funking it up all over for more than a decade!
Wendy Woo Band
As Colorado's music scene has exploded over the past few years, one of its mainstays has been Wendy Woo. Her energetic personality, musical skills, and spirited songwriting have made her a media and fan favorite and have taken her to venues across the country including the Fox Theater and Red Rocks in Colorado, the Bitter End and the Living Room in New York, the Hotel Cafe in Los Angles, the Bluebird Café in Nashville, Sweetwater in Mill Valley, and Eddie's Attic in Decatur, Georgia.
Anticipating the rise of the independent artist, Woo formed her own corporation, Woo Music. Through that she runs her own record label (eight albums), publishing company, booking agency, and management company.
Woo was born in New York and moved to Boulder as a toddler when her parents Jane, an artist, and Bataan, a poet, became founding faculty members of Naropa University. The Faigao home was a gathering spot for such literary icons as Beat poet Allen Ginsberg, Merry Prankster Ken Kesey, and 1960s chronicler Norman Mailer.
Among Woo's many accolades:
• Five-Time Winner Best Singer/Songwriter (Denver's Westword) (Now in Westword's Hall of Fame).
• One of Denver's Top Five Bands, Channel 7 A-List (2009).
• Telluride Bluegrass Festival Troubadour Competition Top Four (2004).
• Independent Artist of the Year (2003) (Hapi Skratch Entertainment).
• Best Boulder Musician (The Boulder Weekly).
• Best Singer/Songwriter (The Boulder Daily Camera).
• Best Local Artist (Colorado Daily).
• Winner of the Colorado Lilith Fair Talent Search (sharing the stage with Sarah McLachlan and The Indigo Girls).
• Named to music critics' "Best Colorado CDs of the Year" lists: Ecolalia (The Denver Post and Westword) and Gonna Wear Red (DenverLocalMusicScene).
• Woo's song, "Walking the Skyline," was used by HDNet as its promo song for the 2008 season.
• She and her band performed a two-hour concert broadcast nationally on Altitude Sports and Entertainment Network.
• She sings the theme song for Good Day Colorado, the weekday morning show on Denver's Fox affiliate.
• She has been part of national sports retailer Title Nine's Emerging Women Artist series.
• Her music has been featured in:
o Uncommon Goals, a Discovery Channel documentary about the gold medal-winning U.S. women's soccer team.
o Mountain of Dreams, a documentary about Mt. Everest.
o The Food Network's FoodNation with Bobby Flay.
Danny Masters Band
Danny Masters is a guitarist living in Denver, Colorado. He received a Bachelors Degree in Music from the University of Northern Colorado in 1986 and a Masters Degree from the University of Denver in 1989. He performs regularly.
$7.00 - $120.00