Brazilian / Bossa Nova
1215 20th Street
Denver, CO, 80202
Doors 8:00 PM / Show 9:00 PM
This event is 21 and over
Comprised of a unique blend of five talented Colorado musicians, and steeped in the study and spread of authentic Brazilian music and culture, GINGA has been dazzling audiences with their energy and musicianship for close to a decade. Whether it’s the magnetizing pulse of a samba groove, the alluring dancing that accompanies or the sheer joy that is infused at every show, GINGA specializes in bringing people together to have a good time.
At any given GINGA show you might:
• hear a multitude of different Brazilian musical styles in one night
• walk in to find a dance lesson in session and learn your first steps
• find the bar serving traditional caipirinhas
• try your first bite of fiejoada or a pasteu
• meet incredible people and make new friends
• enjoy yourself and leave with a smile on your face
• dance until your legs hurt or you are dripping with sweat
• be back for more!
Recently relocating to Denver, Michele Castro hails originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. As vocalist and guitarist, she began to play internationally when invited to perform two tours of Germany with a Choro/Samba band as lead singer. Michele is proud to say she grew up in the Rocinha favela where she draws much of her musical inspiration and appreciation. Her vocal repertoire includes Samba, Bossa Nova, Brazilian Pop & Rock, MPB (Musica Popular Brasileira), Choro and Forró but she also plays a variety of Brazilian percussion instruments. Michele is excited to explore the Colorado music scene and to share her culture and music with a new public.
$11.00 - $25.00