Willie Harold Manuel OG
1555 Madison Ave.
Memphis, TN, 38104
Doors 6:00 PM / Show 7:00 PM
This event is all ages
Willie Harold Manuel OG
ABOUT WILLIE HAROLD MANUEL-OG
The Real R&B
Willie Harold Manuel OG is a local R & B producer/singer/songwriter. Willie was born and raised here in Memphis and began singing at the early age of three. His first inspiration was that of Diana Ross and the Supremes. As he matured, his musical taste developed and was influenced by artist such as Muddy Waters, BB King, Bobby Blue Bland and Clarence Carter. As evolution would have it, his metamorphosis continued with artists such as Linda Ronstadt, Joan Bias, Dionne Warrick and Jackie Wilson.
Not to stop there his taste grew to encompass Aretha Franklin, Donnie Hathaway,
Luther Vandross and Jeffrey Osborne. Willie was on the music scene at the tender age of fourteen singing and traveling the mid-south performing in nightclubs better known as the chittlin circuit…. he describes that era as the “Fun Days”. Willie’s 8th grade teacher managed a band and recruited him along with other students to perform weekends out of town.
In the early 1970’s Willie formed a singing group called the Mixed Emotions. They
performed locally at places like, Club Rosewood, Sands East, and the Brooks Brothers Family Affair. After a couple of years, Willie left the group, changed his
stage name to Durey Fleming and moved to Atlanta where he did solo performances.
1. Opening act for the singing group the Dramatics (I wanna go outside in the rain)
at the College of the Ozarks
2. Back up studio vocals for song writer singer George Jackson (who wrote One
bad Apple for the Osmond Brothers)
3. Worked with David Weatherspoon, Henderson Thigpen and James Banks (who
wrote Woman to Woman for Shirley Brown)
4. Lead vocalist on recording project with Isaac Hayes backup singers Hot
5. Formed the singing group the Mixed Emotions
6. Discovered Memphis based female singing duo Sweet and Innocent
7. Traveled the mid-south singing on the college circuit
8. Performed in St. Louis, Chi-Town and Atlanta
9. Recorded a compilation CD in Saulsbury, England with Steven Collazo of the singing group Oddessy
10. Traveled the mid south performing in night clubs and venues
LISTEN TO "IT'S THE REAL THING" HERE
Fri, August 17
Sun, August 26
Sun, September 2
Mon, September 3
Sat, September 8