Celebrity Judges John Pollack (author, “The Pun Also Rises”) & Jon Glaser ("Delocated")
622 Degraw st.
Brooklyn, NY, 11217
Doors 7:30 PM / Show 8:00 PM
This event is 21 and over
PUNDERDOME® is the wild & crazy monthly pun competition hosted by Fred and Jo Firestone, a self-proclaimed “Rodney Dangerfield impersonator” and his comedian daughter (alleged).
The first 18 individuals/duos to sign-up at the door will have a chance to participate in competitive spontaneous pun-making. Pun-masters are determined by the “human clap-o-meter” who “accurately and scientifically” assesses levels of audience applause.
Great big kitchen appliance mystery prizes are awarded to the top two competitors. Warning for the faint of heart: the ’Dome is a spectator sport – decide to attend at your own risk!
Admission is $7 at the door and $6 in advance.
Doors open @ 7:30; competition starts around 8:00.
· “The lowly pun has long been considered the bottom-feeding bristle worm of the comedy world…. That has changed with the arrival of Punderdome 3000, a now monthly event that has turned punning into a high-functioning competition that is equal parts stand-up, beat poetry” - The New York Post
· “But for the contestants in a monthly pun competition at Littlefield, a performance space and bar in Brooklyn, forming puns is a spigot they can’t turn off.” - The New York Times
· “Can you imagine a more potent cure for the weekday blues? Here was concentrated, unabashed silliness that I longed to bottle and smuggle out in my purse.” - The New Yorker
· “hilarious cult-favorite pun competition” - The New York Times
· “The 5 Best Things To Do In NYC Tonight” - CBS New York
Sun, July 13
Mon, July 14
Tue, July 15
Fri, July 18
Sat, July 19
Sun, July 20
Mon, July 21
Tue, July 22
Wed, July 23
Thu, July 24