1131 S. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA, 19147
Doors 7:30 PM / Show 8:30 PM
This event is 21 and over
As a follow up to her critically acclaimed album “Promise”, composer / producer / performer Emily Wells will release an EP of B sides and studio recorded live arrangements March 3, 2017. With a belief in the sovereignty of melody to hold a song to itself, Wells consistently bends and re-renders her original works to almost entirely new forms in her live performances. Not wanting her months of touring to fall entirely to the ephemeral Wells has recorded a few of the arrangements in their new forms. In addition there are also a few unreleased compositions. She will tour in support of the EP in select US and European cities.
Praise for Wells' latest full length "Promise" + Live performances :
• “Quietly transfixing…Ms. Wells works in the manner of what Walt Whitman called “a noiseless, patient spider,” sending out filament after filament until a structure begins to form.” –NEW YORK TIMES
•"The shape-shifting string virtuoso ignores genre boundaries while conjuring a uniquely affecting session of atmospheric folk..." - RED BULL MUSIC ACADEMY
• “Extraordinary, presenting a sort of ambient gospel-folk music that’s immersed in secular desires and experiences.” – NPR
• "...unconventional and rather moving.." - NOISEY
• “‘Promise’ is a record like few others – both tangible and smoky, guttural and delicate, it treads atop a thin sheet of ice throughout, yet remains unafraid to bask in the warmth of its creator.” – DIY
Lizdelise is a dreamy rock/pop duo from Philadelphia. Angular guitar lines meet looper and drum machine to create energized, intricate soundscapes — and a serious amount of noise for two people. (For fans of St. Vincent, Handsome Furs, Wye Oak.)
$10.00 - $12.00
The Boot & Saddle
- Sorry, there are currently no upcoming events.