The Satellite presents
A Tribute to The Clash featuring performances by:, The Henry Clay People, Duniven, Brian Whelan featuring Mitch Marine and Scrote, The TC4 feat. Matt Eckel, The Bixby Knolls
1717 Silverlake Blvd
Los Angeles, CA, 90027
Doors 8:30PM / Show 9:00PM (event ends at 2:00 am)
This event is 21 and over
A Tribute to The Clash featuring performances by:
In honor of Joe Strummer's birthday.
The Henry Clay People
After spending the better part of 2012 touring in support of our new record Twenty-Five for the Rest of Our Lives, we, The Henry Clay People, are thrilled to announce that we are teaming up with the Songs For Kids Foundation, along with our buddies at ConsequenceOfSound.
net, Buzzbands.la, Origami Vinyl, Moheak Radio, and FILTER, to bring you a very special December Residency at The Satellite.
There are several reasons to celebrate:
1. This marks 10 years since the earliest incarnation of when the The HCP started bringing its brand of bratty indie rock to drunken college parties at UCSB. Since then we have played hundreds of shows
throughout North America. Southern California has always been our home. Suburban born and bred.
2. Songs For Kids, a charitable organization that sends indie rocker types to perform at Children's Hospitals throughout the country, will be on hand every week to talk about what they do and how you can
get involved in making a difference. Several members of the band have worked or volunteered for the organization. Songs For Kids is a wonderful organization and we believe in what they do.
3. The Henry Clays will be recording a LIVE ALBUM throughout the month.
4. You can pre-order the live album simply by donating whatever you want to the Songs For Kids Foundation at songsforkidsfoundation.org and keep a copy of the receipt. Or you can wait for the live album to be released in early 2013, at which point we’ll be donating the proceeds to Songs For Kids.
5. The first 3 shows (12/3, 12/10, 12/17) are FREE!
6. The last show is on New Years Eve and is only $10. The Henry Clay People have a rich history of ringing in the new year at The Satellite with an always rowdy post-midnight covers set. Audience participation strongly encouraged.
7. On 12/10 we’ll be doing an all HCP request set. Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
8. This will be end of drummer Eric Scott's 10 year tenure in the band. He will move on to pursue a career in architecture full time.
9. The lineups feature some of the best local bands and comedians that LA has to offer.
This residency marks the end of an era for the HCP. We will be taking some time off after these shows to regroup, reevaluate, and catch up on some much needed sleep. We want to thank everyone who has
helped us out over the past ten years: all the bands, all the folks at the shows, all the people who have shared their floor space. You are all Henry Clay People. We feel extremely lucky that we got to turn our little rock and roll hobby into a full-time thing. It was a complete accident but a very happy accident and we remain eternally grateful for the adventure.
"The dapper-disheveled singer-songwriter has kicked around the Eastside scene for a few years but might have a breakout with this residency. His idiosyncratic voice and folkish rock chops put him in a long line of troubadours, but the clarity of his songwriting sets him apart from the pack." - LA TImes
"On his debut LP, Duniven enters the familiar, roomy space defined by the likes of Dylan and Petty. If americana is your comfort food, this could be a tasty dish" - Kevin Bronson (BuzzbandsLA)
"Duniven provides a refreshing sound that seperates them from the black hole of good music thats heard but easily forgotten. With organs, harmonica and rusty-raw vocals, they add variance to the same old same old indie rock scene in LA. Destined to leave a mark on your eardrums" - The Deli Magazine.
"LA rock and Roll troubadour Patrick Duniven plays the kind of rich, Americana style music that is reminiscent of Dylan, Petty and Springsteen. Duniven skillfully avoids repetitive territory though, instead continuing the tradition with his own unique take on the genre" - Mp3.com
"Eastside singer-songwriter boasts at least two things that set him apart in that over populated field: An authentically roots-rusty vioce box and bonafide songwriting skills. His folky pop-rock resides firmly in a roots-americana mold, recalling most obviously the hooky rock and roll of Tom Petty. Better yet is that he serves it all up with a Dylan-esque style of taking folk based forms down more poetically adventurous paths" - LA WEEKLY
The Bixby Knolls
THE BIXBY KNOLLS are a Los Angeles, California collective born in 2009. They have attained an eclectic rock n roll sound that ranges from classic soul, 60's underground legends such as 'Love', punk pioneers 'The Clash', post-punk favorites 'Joy Division' to modern classics such as 'Primal Scream' and 'Kasabian'.
Their soon-to-be-released debut album ‘Near & Undear’ was produced by Joe Cardamone of 'The Icarus Line' and engineered by Greg Gordon who has masterminded the mixing board to such greats as 'Oasis', 'Jet', 'Supergrass' and ‘The Dandy Warhols'.
The Bixby Knolls have successfully completed a residency at premier L.A. venue THE ECHO in May 2011 and shared the stage with BEST COAST at the PASADENA MAKE MUSIC FESTIVAL in summer of 2011. They have also been billed as support to such touring acts as THE VACCINES, SWERVEDRIVER and LITTLE BARRIE (of PRIMAL SCREAM).
Fri, May 24
Sat, May 25
Sun, May 26
Mon, May 27
Tue, May 28
Wed, May 29
Thu, May 30
Fri, May 31
Sat, June 1
Mon, June 3